You can start your day with any 4 exercises you want. Each exercise needs to be performed the exact specified number of sets, with 10-seconds breaks between the sets. You shouldn’t forget to repeat each single exercise twice.
Rectus abdominis muscle (abs)
Rectus abdominis muscle or abs refers to the muscle commonly known as a “six pack”. It is the muscle located between the ribs and the pubic bone at the front of the pelvis.
There are basically two ways to exercise this muscle:
- Pulling the chest up to the pelvis.
- Pulling the pelvis up to the chest.
1.Twisting 15 times
Ab curls are one classic exercise that strengthens the abs and is perfect for a flat tummy and a six pack.
- Lie on your back with bent knees on the floor or on a comfortable mat.
- Bend your knees.
- Raise your shoulders while engaging your abs and stop when you reach the highest point of the lift.
2. Double leg touch 10 times
The Double Leg Touch exercise is one of the most effective abdominal exercises that works both the upper and lower abs and helps you lose upper belly fat.
- Lie on your back and extend your arms and legs upward.
- Lift your feet off the ground at first at a 45° angle, using your abs, then bring them up to 90° and hold for a few seconds.
- Slowly return to the initial position with both your arms and legs extended.
- If you feel it easy for you, you can make it harder by raising your upper body off the floor at the same time as your legs.
3. Plank on hands with bending knees, 15 times:
This is one of the best abs workouts as it strengthens a combination of muscles, including abs, arms, calves, shoulders, and legs and helps to lose weight fast.
- Stand in a plank with most of your body weight on your hands.
- Bring your left knee up to your waist, bend it and hold it in that position for a few seconds.
- Extend your leg back and repeat this move with the other leg.
4. Folding, 10 times:
Folding trains the abs and improves the flexibility of the spinal column as well.
- Lie on your back with your arms and legs extended.
- Raise your arms up and forward and slowly lift your upper body into a sitting position.
- Tense your abs and slowly return to the initial position.
5. Hip Raise Plank, 20 times:
The Hip Raise Plank is perfect for beginners who want to strengthen their abs.
- Start in a push-up position with your elbows and forearms on the floor. Keep your arms at a 90° angle.
- Slightly arch your back.
- Lift your glute muscles, tightening your abs well to close the distance between your ribcage and hips.
- Slowly return to the initial position.
6. “Boat Pose” (Navasana), 1 time:
Navasana strengthens the abs, legs and lower back muscles.
- Sit with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Lean back slightly and lift your feet slowly off the floor.
- Stretch your arms straight out in front of you.
- Keep your legs straight for 30-60 seconds, holding your body weight with your abdominal muscles.
7. “Windmill,” 10 times:
The Ab Windmill exercise is perfect for strengthening the muscles of the whole body and is best performed towards the end of the workout session.
- Lie on your back with your knees extended and your legs straight.
- Stretch your arms along your body.
- Tighten your lower abs.
- Slowly lower your legs to one side.
- Repeat the move but in the opposite direction.
8. “Rock climber”, 15 times
“Climbing” is a cardio exercise that raises your heart rate. A little daily endurance training will do you good.
- Stand on a plank position with your hands and feet on the floor.
- Place your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Pull your right knee as close to your chest as possible.
- Return to the initial position and repeat for the other leg.
These exercises are perfect for training at home without the need for any gym equipment. All your need is your own willpower.