Everyone loves Halloween! Pumpkin pie and candy apple season is their favorite time of the year! We are here to help! Our favorite Halloween treat was highlighted by us. Talk about sweet and salty in one bite! Giada de Laurentiis, a famous chef shared her caramel and chocolate candy apple recipes with us. We wanted to share the recipe with you.
Caramel & Chocolate Candy Apples
This delicious treat will be a hit at Halloween parties for both kids and adults. The apples can be decorated with any toppings. We’ll be there to help you when your guests are full and with a big smile on their faces.
Level: EasyTotal Time 5 hr 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Inactive: 5 hr
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 6 small apples were washed, dried, and stems removed
- 2 bags (9.5 ounces) of soft caramel candies, unwrapped. (Recommended: Kraft Classic Caramels).
- 1/4 cup juice made from pulp-free oranges
- 1 bar (5-ounces) of cocoa dark chocolate 53 percent, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (recommended by Nestle Chocolatier).
- Variety of small candies, nuts, and sprinkles
*Special Equipment: 6 craft sticks or thick wooden sticks
1. Line an oven sheet with parchment paper, and spray it with vegetable oil cooker spray. The craft sticks should be inserted halfway into the stem ends of the apples.
2 Heat the orange juice and caramel candies in a large saucepan. Stirring occasionally, cook the mixture for about 10 minutes, or until the candies are melted. Allow to cool down for 2 minutes. Place the apples in the caramel and coat them.
3. Place the chocolate in a large bowl and place it over a saucepan of barely simmering hot water. Stir the chocolate until smooth and melted. Use a fork to drizzle the chocolate over the caramel. Place the apples on the parchment paper and let them rest for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the chocolate with small candies, chopped nuts, or sprinkles. Let it sit at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
4 Have fun and smile!