Let’s first say that this lemon chicken is a simple baked chicken and will be enjoyed by all the family. This meal is rich in zesty, delicious flavors and will quickly become a family favorite. It’s also super healthy, and we promise it won’t be boring. This dish is also very easy to make, which is another reason why it will be a hit with everyone. This chicken can be used in so many ways that you can make different kinds of meals. It can be used for a healthy lunch or a large family meal. The prep time for this recipe is 5 minutes, and the cooking time is about 30 minutes. Does that sound too good to be true! Continue reading to find out more and then take a look at it yourself.
- 4x Boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried Thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic (6 cloves).
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- To start, heat the oven to 360° Fahrenheit/180° Celcius.
- Place the breasts of chicken in a bowl and let them cool down before placing them in a baking pan.
- While the oven heats up, prepare the marinade in a small bowl. In a bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. You want the paste to be thick because this is what you will use to marinate your chicken breasts. Once the mixture has been thoroughly blended, coat the chicken breasts in the paste. Make sure the marinade has been evenly spread!
- In a separate bowl, combine the white wine, brown sugar and fresh minced garlic. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and then add the white wine. Mix all ingredients thoroughly before adding them to the chicken breasts. The chicken should be coated with a delicious sauce. Now it’s time to bake!
- Bake the baking dish in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until it is fully cooked. You don’t want to dry the chicken.
- Once the dish is out of the oven, it’s time for you to get in.
- Instantly, you will be able to smell the tangy flavors that will tickle your tastebuds.