It can be difficult to make healthy lifestyle changes, especially in the area of food. People tend to only think of fruits and vegetables when they hear that someone is ‘eating better. Although a healthy diet typically includes many fruits and veggies, there are many other foods that can be added that can make a huge difference. There are some foods that you can’t miss when eating healthy, such as pancakes. We’re here to say that you won’t miss them any longer. This healthier option to pancakes tastes great, but it is still very high in calories. This recipe will satisfy your hunger without consuming any unhealthy food. This recipe is easy to prepare and super quick!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or whole grain flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional but you can substitute with any sweetener of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (or vanilla Greek yogurt)
- 3/4 cup milk (any type of milk will work)
- Toppers: Honey, syrup, powdered sugar, Honey, Fruit, Chocolate Chips, etc.
- Preheat a pan or gridiron to 325°C (165 Celsius) – medium heat
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- Mix oil, eggs, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet, and then add them to the wet.
- Add the milk and stir until it is all combined. Be careful not to overmix
- Place 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter on a greased griddle.
- Cook the pancakes for 2 minutes, or until they look dry and the top bubbles up.
- Flip the pancakes over with a thin spatula and cook for another minute.
- Enjoy with whatever toppings you choose and enjoy!